Introducing Emily of In The Folds August 11, 2016 16:43
This month we welcome a new Bobbin and Ink tutor, Emily of In the Folds.
Emily is a Pattern-Maker and she will be presenting a three session class with us: Mastering Dressmaking: Winter "Rushcutter" Dress, starting Monday 15 August.
She's designed the Rushcutter to be an easily adaptable and flattering dress, an enjoyable sew for people of different sewing levels and body shapes. To find out more and book into this fun class, click here.
So who is this new kid on the Bobbin and Ink block?
5 fun facts about Emily!
1. She learnt how to sew at a school holiday sewing camp at aged 9, where she was soon teaching all her friends to make scrunchies!
2. She still uses the same Janome sewing machine she claimed from her mum in her youth. It was hers in exchange for doing the family mending.
3. She holds an honours degree in fashion and textiles from University of Technology Sydney.
4. After falling in love with the online sewing community, she decided to get involved by starting her own blog, Em Makes Patterns, which planted the seed of hope in her head, that maybe one day she could do pattern making and sewing full-time.
5. After moving to London to learn more about sewing and pattern making, she returned to Sydney in 2015 and decided it was 'now or never' ... and that is how In the Folds was born.
Want More Emily?!
Listen to an enjoyable podcast where she chats to Close-Knit about the challenges and joys of being a pattern maker.
Check out her Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest page.
Join Emily for the following classes at Bobbin and Ink:
3 weeks x 3hr Monday Night Sessions
Mon Aug 15 to Aug 29, 6pm to 9pm
Sat Sept 3 to Sept 24, 1pm to 4pm