Clothes Making for Beginners Course
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Learn to make your own clothes from scratch in this absolute beginners sewing class. You'll be guided through the whole sewing process from learning to use a sewing machine to cutting, fitting and sewing a garment of your choice from a selection of design options provided. With a maximum number of 6 students per class, you'll get more one-on-one time with your teacher.
This is a 1 day a week class over 6 sessions which gives you time in between to practice your new skills from home.
Suitable for men and women alike.
Can't find a date that suits you? Email us to join our waiting list and we'll let you know when new dates are available.
GAIN CONFIDENCE IN:
- Setting up your sewing machine - threading, needle selection, thread choice, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Sewing components - creating neat seam finishes, buttonholes/button applications, zipper, sewing curves and points.
- Paper pattern reading
- Choosing the right type of fabric and notions for your project
- Pattern preparation and layout
- Fabric cutting
- Working through a pattern step-by-step
- Basic fitting
- 1 pattern of your choice from a selection of beginner sewing projects
- Sewing machine use or bring your own!
- Access to our cutting tables and mannequins
- Endless tea and coffee provided
WHAT TO BRING:
- *Sewing Kit - thread snips, 1 metre of 150cm wide calico, black or white Gutermann sewing thread, fabric scissors, pearl head/berry/glass head pins, water soluble pen/pencils/tailors chalk, measuring tape and un-picker. We have a kit to purchase in-store for $30 at the beginning of the class
- A working sewing machine - we recommend working on your own sewing machine so you gain more confidence. Otherwise we can provide you a sewing machine to use through out the course. Just remember to tell us when you sign up!
- Notebook and pen
*Marked items can be purchased in store, if you don't already have these.
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.