Clothes Making for Intermediates Course
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Just graduated from Clothes Making for Beginners? Feeling confident with the basics, but still a little shaky when it comes to tackling sewing patterns on your own?
This course will build upon your confidence and extend your knowledge into the finer techniques of sewing. Perfect your finishings and seams, get advice on methods for inserting zips, working with facings, pockets, bindings and button holes. Start to make your garments look more and more like they were bought in a store!
This is a 1 day a week class over 6 sessions which gives you time in between to practice your new skills from home. With a maximum number of 6 students per class, you'll get more one-on-one time with your teacher.
Suitable for men and women alike.
GAIN CONFIDENCE IN:
- Setting up your sewing machine - threading, needle selection, thread choice, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Sewing components - creating neat seam finishes, buttonholes/button applications, zipper, sewing curves and points.
- Paper pattern reading
- Choosing the right type of fabric and notions for your project
- Pattern preparation and layout
- Fabric cutting
- Working through a pattern step-by-step
- Fitting and minor adaptations of patterns.
- 1 pattern of your choice from our in-house selection. You may also order a pattern before class, using our catalogues from the McCalls, Butterick and Vogue range.
- Sewing machine use or bring your own!
- Access to our cutting tables and mannequins
- Endless tea and coffee provided
WHAT TO BRING:
- *Sewing Kit - thread snips, 1 metre of 150cm wide calico, black or white Gutermann sewing thread, fabric scissors, pearl head/berry/glass head pins, water soluble pen/pencils/tailors chalk, measuring tape and un-picker. We have a kit to purchase in-store for $30 at the beginning of the class
- A working sewing machine - we recommend working on your own sewing machine so you gain more confidence. Otherwise we can provide you a sewing machine to use through out the course. Just remember to tell us when you sign up!
- Notebook and pen
*Marked items can be purchased in store, if you don't already have these.
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.