Jersey Twist Patterns with Studio Faro
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Have you ever marvelled at a piece of clothing with a twist built into it? Would you like to know how to create these patterns for yourself? Join Anita McAdam of Studio Faro, for a speedy, confidence-building workshop and the step-by-step instructions for the specific pattern making moves needed to make easy-sew Jersey Twist Patterns!
Using your closest size in Studio Faro's specially developed Knit Block, you’ll locate your exact bust point and build your twist feature around this location. There will be demonstrations of the drafting and pattern manipulations, including the cut and paste method and the pivoting method, used to make twist patterns. Also detailed discussion around the recommended amount of drape to add to your pattern according to your bra cup size.
This is a ½ day drape pattern-making workshop that serves as an introduction to the magic of cutting drape patterns. If time permits you’ll be introduced to other twist drape designs that can achieved using the same pattern making method. Instructions and diagrams for alternative twist designs are included in the detailed workbook.
This workshop focuses on cutting Jersey Twist Patterns. Students are required to arrive at class with the basic equipment detailed in ‘What to Bring’. There will be some specialist rulers and equipment in the class for students to use.
Student numbers are kept low (6-10) to improve your one-on-one time with Anita.
Suitable for men and women alike.
GAIN CONFIDENCE IN:
- How to cut stretch patterns using Studio Faro's Knit Block.
- How to locate your bust point on the block and make sure the twist design feature is in the right place.
- The different seam allowances and specialist machinery used for knit patterns.
- The sequence of construction (sewing) for these amazing twist patterns.
- Understanding this simple pattern making method for making Jersey Twist Patterns.
- Knowing the best seam allowances and stitch type for stretch patterns.
- Your understanding of the differences between on and two-way stretch fabrics.
- Sewing these interesting patterns and understanding the different finishes for knit garments.
- Demonstrations of the specific pattern making method used to make these twist patterns.
- An A0 print copy of Anita’s Knit Block for use during the session and to take home.
- Instructions and demonstrations of pattern alterations including the cut and paste method and the pivoting method.
- One on one time with Anita to improve your understanding of different pattern making techniques.
- A detailed workbook with all the pattern manipulations required to achieve twist patterns.
- A comprehensive materials and suppliers list featuring Anita’s favourite sources.
- Sewing machine use or bring your own!
- Access to our cutting tables and mannequins
- Endless tea and coffee provided
WHAT TO BRING:
- Any favourite pattern making equipment you may have. There will be some specialist rulers and equipment in the class for students to use.
- A ruler, pencil, eraser, glue stick, tape measure and paper scissors. Notebook and pen.
- If you think you may want to use the sewing machines please let us know and bring your own thread, scissors and pins.
*Marked items can be purchased in store, if you don't already have these.
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.