Kids Club Crafternoons with Mrs C
1.5hrs x 8 Weekly Sessions
For Children Aged 10+
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Kids Club Crafternoons is an 8 week after school programme designed to engage creative kids in a variety of arts and crafts practices, in a fun learning environment. Come along for the full 8 weeks, or join us for a couple, or even just one session. Book as often or as little as you like, there's no excuse to not be creating!
Mrs C, our fab kids teacher, has developed a range of printing and fabric fun classes that she is itching to teach! From stencilling, screen printing, designing stationery, to making fabric bunting and trinkets/jewellery from buttons and fabric scraps, she has a mixed bag of crafty ideas for your crafty kids! Mrs C will tailor the classes as best she can to the interests of the group of kids, so they can get the most out of their creative play. Thursdays 4pm to 5:30pm will become their favourite time of the week!
This Craft Club program will nurture your child's creativity and provide them with a great range of new skills. We will also focus on upcycling, reuse and DIY ideas and techniques, giving your child the skills to find inspiration in everyday materials and see the creative potential in the world around them!
The programme is best suited for children aged 10 -12. If you have younger children, aged 8 - 9 keen to join with an older sibling, please ask us before booking, we will need to confirm this is ok. We will need to balance the ages in the group so that everyone gets proper guidance on trickier projects.
In a small group of 6 students max, your child will be learning under the guidance of our experienced teacher Mrs C, an artist, illustrator and printmaker. Get to know more about Mrs C here!
- WEEK 1, 25th July, MAKE YOUR OWN PRINTED STATIONERY: Use different print methods e.g. lino printing, rubber stamping and screen printing to create cards, gift tags and gift wrap.
- WEEK 2, 1st Aug, SCREEN PRINT A TOTE BAG: Choose from pre-cut stencils or cut your own stencil using simple shapes. We'll do some practising before printing the design on your own take-home tote bag.
- WEEK 3, 8th Aug, MAKE YOUR OWN JEWELLERY FROM RECYCLED FABRICS: Make fabric bead necklaces, braided fabric bracelets, cord wrapped fabric necklaces or a fabric covered bead necklace. We'll be using easy to find household objects to make masterpieces!
- WEEK 4, 15th Aug, SCREEN PRINT A T-SHIRT: Students to send in their designs prior and then print on the day, they provide their own t-shirt or can buy one on the day if pre-arranged (email to check size is available).
- WEEK 5, 22nd Aug, MAKE YOUR OWN BUNTING: Decorate your bedroom in your own style! We'll be making decorative bunting using string, letter stencils, scrap felt and fabric. No sewing necessary!
- WEEK 6, 29th Aug, FATHER'S DAY / MAKE A CARD AND PLANTER:
Make a cool decorated planter to take home. Plain pots will be provided and students will learn how to decorate them using paints and fabric. A great gift for a special Dad or Grandpa in time for Father's Day,if you celebrate it. Otherwise, make one to keep for yourself or give to a friend! Those that want to, can also make a card to go with the planter.
- WEEK 7, 5th Sept, FUN WITH FIBRE ART: Explore all the things we can do with wool. We'll be weaving, making pom-poms, wool sticks and tassels.
- WEEK 8,12th Sept, MAKE A DECORATIVE WALL HANGING: Students will learn how to mask off areas and use stencils to make a hand painted patterned wall hanging. Finished designs can be decorated with a handmade tassel or pom pom and ready to hang at home.
YOUR CHILD WILL GAIN CONFIDENCE IN
- DIY techniques
- Different printing methods
- Working with fabric
- Design, pattern and colour theory
- Teamwork, social skills
- Using a variety of different materials and craft equipment, including stencils, alphabet templates, fabric paint, inks, scrap paper, fabric offcuts, string/ribbon pinking sheers, glue and scissors.
- All materials to create weekly projects
WHAT TO BRING:
- Wear clothes that may get a little dirty. Aprons will be worn for all classes where we use fabric paint/ink.
- Any snacks and drinks. We do have a kitchenette available.
- Children MUST wear closed footwear.
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.