Intermediate Sewing Sessions
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Just graduated from Clothes Making for Beginners? Feeling confident with the basics, but still a little shaky when it comes to tackling sewing patterns on your own?
Then sign up for an Intermediate Sewing Session! We'll build upon your confidence and extend your knowledge into the finer techniques of sewing. Perfect your finishing and seams, get advice on methods for inserting zips, working with facings, pockets, bindings and button holes. Start to make your garments look more and more like they were bought in a store (a good store!).
This is a 3 hour session which we run which gives you time in between to practice your new skills from home. With a maximum number of 8 students per class, you'll get more one-on-one time with your teacher.
Suitable for men and women alike.
GAIN CONFIDENCE IN:
- Setting up your sewing machine - threading, needle selection, thread choice, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Sewing components - creating neat seam finishes, buttonholes/button applications, zipper, sewing curves and points.
- Paper pattern reading
- Choosing the right type of fabric and notions for your project
- Pattern preparation and layout
- Fabric cutting
- Working through a pattern step-by-step
- Fitting and minor adaptations of patterns.
- Sewing machine use or bring your own!
- Access to our cutting tables and mannequins
- Endless tea and coffee provided
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Sewing Kit*. If you don't already have them, the following tools would be helpful for sewing your projects: thread snips, some testing calico, sewing thread, fabric scissors, pearl head/berry/glass head pins, tailors chalk or water soluble pen/pencil, measuring tape and un-picker. We have a kit you can purchase in-store and we have a selection of haberdashery for sale too if you need threads or needles.
- A working sewing machine - we recommend working on your own sewing machine so you gain more confidence. Otherwise we can provide you a sewing machine to use on the day, for no extra charge. Just remember to tell us when you sign up!
- If you are borrowing a machine from us, you'll need your own domestic sewing machine needles. We have packets for sale in-store, starting from $7.
- Notebook and pen
*Marked items can be purchased in store, if you don't already have these.
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.