Sewing Club Membership 2: Domestic Machines and Overlockers
In this membership we offer domestic overlocker AND sewing machine use. So sign up to our membership deal for the month and use our well looked after machines for your project needs!
What the price covers:
- use of all domestic sewing machines and domestic overlockers
- access to cutting equipment and massive 6 metre cutting table
- use of store mannequins for fitting
- use of pressing stations
- in-store pattern library access
- bobbins to use in-store or you can buy a pack to take home
- 10% off store haberdashery including thread and needles
What you have to do:
- You must be at a beginner sewing level to use our machines. You should feel confident threading a machine, changing needles, adjusting tension and stitches to projects and speed control. We need to feel confident you can be left to sew on your own, so complete beginners will not be able to rent out machines unless checked off by a team member at Bobbin and Ink. If you are a beginner why not sign up to our Sewing Machine Set-Up Class or our Overlocker Set-Up Class to get you started?
- Wear closed in shoes at all times in the workshop and no loose jewellery should be worn while operating machines.
- You'll need to bring your own domestic sewing machine needles (universal overlocker needles provided) and thread for both sewing machines and overlockers at all times or you can purchase some in-store.
What you need to know:
You will need to book in each day you want to come in and use a machine as we also run workshops and classes in the space and occasionally cannot accommodate space for members without prior notice. Bookings are only open to members during Bobbin and Ink's business hours.
We ask for at least 24 hours notice and we'll always try to make arrangements around events so you can keep sewing. Bookings must be made by either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 7901-2581 and we can refuse a booking if we can't accommodate.
For more information on rentals please email us.