HD0405S Heavy Duty Overlocker
The new and improved Singer Heavy Duty! It comes with a larger cutting knife, more light on the needle plate area, larger stainless steel work plate for smooth feeding, extra high presser foot lift and more!
Give your work a neat finished edge and professional looking results. Whether you’re ready for a serger or ready for an upgrade, this machine delivers consistent, quality stitches through super heavy-duty fabrics materials.
All Bobbin and Ink sewing machine / overlocker purchases come with a free machine set up class for the owner, at least 3 years warranty (longer on some models) and lifetime support for your product purchase. We want you to love your machine as much as we do, so we're here to answer any operation questions you might have.
- 1300 Stitches per minute - Sews up to 1,300 stitches per minute, providing a professional speed for faster results.
- 2,3 and 4 Stitch Capability - The 6 different stitch types ensure the perfect stitch no matter what project: blind hems, rolled hems, flatlocking, finishing raw edges and sewing seams.
- Four thread overlock stitch: Perfect for sewing with knit fabrics, because the stitch stretches as the fabric stretches providing a strong and professional finish.
- Three thread overlock stitch: provides a professional seam finish and it helps prevent loosely woven fabrics from fraying.
- Three thread wrapped edge: Used as a lightweight seam finish or a lightweight seam on woven fabrics.
- Three thread flatlock stitch: Decorative threads can be used to add texture and add dramatic embellishment effects.
- Two thread rolled hem stitch: Add an elegant fine finish to your projects
- 60% Larger cutting knife: Cuts heavy weight fabric with ease.
- Easy tension adjustment: keeps stitches balanced and even
- Twice the light: See your sewing area clearly
- Heavy duty metal frame: The machine’s internal frame is metal, which provides long lasting durability.
- Handy free arm: Take the accessory compartment off, when you need to overlock areas such cuffs, pant hems and other circular seams.
- Smoother multi-speed sewing: The machine feeds smoothly at all speeds. The high performance motor allows high torque and excellent penetration force even at low speeds, providing a steady and stable force that cna sew through heavyweight fabrics.
- Built in rolled hem plate: Simply slide a lever to easily change the machine for rolled hemming. There is no need to change the stitch blade.
- Extra – high presser foot lifter: The presser foot can be raised extra high, which will allow thick fabrics to go through.
- Pre-threaded colour coded spools: Colour coded spools make it eas to learn master threading and adjustments. Use the multi-coloured thread to learn how to thread the machine correctly and to see how the feeding system works.
- Differential feed: Controls the ratio of movement between the front and back sections of the feed teeth. Use the differential feed to help eliminate distortion from your seams when sewing stretchy fabrics or puckers from seams in lightweight or silky fabrics.
- Colour coded threading system: Threading path for each thread is indicated with a specific colour which makes threading easy! Reference diagrams are also included right under the front cover of the machine.
- Stainless Steel Bedplate: With the durable stainless steel bedplate, fabric will glide smoothly over the machine’s surface without leaving any scratches.
All Purpose foot, Needles, Screwdriver, Tweezers, Spreader, Four thread spools, Spare lower knife, Scrap bag, Lint brush.
SINGER needles #2022 size 100/16 (mounted on the machne) and size 90/14 (in the accessory case) are furnished with the machine. SINGER needles #2022 size 100/16 are intended to be used with heavy weight fabrics. It is recommended to change the needles size to work on lighter weight fabrics. Please see the operation manual to find more information on the relationship between cloth, thread and needle.
Recommended replacement needles are Singer #2022. In an emergency, standard Singer needle #2020 may be used. However, unless the suggested tension setting is readjusted, skipping of the stitches may occur.