Sewing Machine Set-Up Class
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The most common problems that happen while sewing can be easily fixed if you know how your sewing machine works. For beginners, having confidence in handling your sewing machine can mean the difference between happily sewing, or throwing your machine out the window.
In this 1 hour class, we'll help demystify the humble sewing machine in an in-depth manner that you can understand. Learn how to use your sewing machine and understand it, not fear it.
Keep in mind this class is free if you purchase any of the sewing machines we have for sale in our store, new or second hand. Send us an email if you'd like to know more about purchasing a machine.
GAIN CONFIDENCE IN:
- Winding a bobbin.
- Threading a machine.
- Understanding the tension, stitch width and stitch length dials (if your machine has these features).
- Understanding what the different stitches do.
- Selecting the right type of needle and size for projects.
- Basics of keeping your machine maintained and healthy.
- Adjusting sewing speed for accuracy (if your machine has this feature).
- Identifying common sewing problems and correcting them.
- Practice scrap fabrics
- Access to a sewing machine (if you don't have your own).
- Handy information sheets.
- Group and one-on-one demonstrations of how to use your machine.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A working sewing machine*, or if you don’t have a sewing machine you can use one of ours for the class. Please let us know in advance if you require one. If you're in the market to buy a machine, let us know! We sell a number of brand new and second hand machines in store that you can try out in this class.
- Good quality sewing thread.*
- Notebook and pen.
- Please wear closed in shoes and no loose jewellery.
*Marked items can be purchased in store, if you don't already have these.
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.