Print Play! 3hr DIY Stencil Class
Duration: 3 hours
Skill Level: All Welcome
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Keen to print from home, but not sure where to start? This is a perfect intro and primer for anyone wanting to dabble in print, using minimal tools and equipment.
Use hand sketching, stencilling, and optional painting techniques to print a complimentary tea towel and poster. You're welcome to bring your own items from home to test out prints onto or you can purchase blank tea towels, shirts, tote-bags and other items in-store to get some awesome take-home gifts for loved ones as proof of your new print skills!
Choose from a great selection of ink colours in our workshop to create vibrant, hand printed treasures, designed by you.
This class is suited to absolute beginners who are happy to do a bit of drawing and a bit of paper cutting, as well as get a little messy. Adults or kids are welcome to attend, although we do ask that any children under the age of 12 are accompanied by a fee-paying adult.
This is purely a stencil cutting class. If you're interested in learning more detailed or commercial print techniques and results, please see our Screen Printing for Beginners (Emulsion / UV Exposure) class, perfect for people wanting to work with digital or detailed designs without needing to hand cut them.
GAIN CONFIDENCE IN:
- Hand-designing an image or repeatable pattern for screen printing.
- Selecting appropriate colours and ink types to achieve different print effects.
- Selecting different types of screens and squeegees
- Creating a reuseable screen printing stencil using blockout and flop stencil techniques.
- Methods for curing fabric.
- Practice fabric
- Stencil paper
- Ink and tool access
- 1 x Tea Towel
- 1 x A3+ Poster Card
WHAT TO BRING:
- Clothes you won’t mind getting dirty or stained by ink.
- Preliminary sketches or printed photos of artwork/ motifs you would like to use as inspiration in your printed piece. We will be hand drawing and cutting designs, so you won't be able to have photographic effects in your final print product. See Screen Printing for Beginners (Emulsion / UV Exposure) if you'd like to print photographic or very detailed prints.
- Any hand cut stencils previously made at home that you might like to try out.
- Pen and paper to write notes on (if you’d like to).
- We require you to wear closed in shoes in our studio at all times.Other than that, come along and enjoy the ride!
EMAIL US with any questions you might have.
This Class is subject to Bobbin and Ink's Cancellation Policy.
Please read it on our Terms and Conditions page before booking.